Sunday, May 5, 2013

An Excuse

I was reflecting today and realized that I avoid telling people I'm sick because I want to avoid telling people that I have Cushing's. It isn't that I am secretive, that I'm embarrassed, that it's too complex to explain (though it IS complex), or that I don't want to educate people. You know what it is?

I HATE people assuming I'm just using that as an excuse to be fat and lazy. 


I don't have the physical or emotional energy to deal with that! So, my 60+ lb gain in one year took place in high school. I've gone roughly 16 years without making excuses for my weight, why would I now? And I DO NOT live the life of a lazy person, even now. I cook from scratch when I have the energy (used to do it all from scratch, all the time), I keep goats and chickens, I help with our remodel (doing it ourselves), I homeschool 6 kids (so they're home making messes and needing my attention all day every day), heck, I HAVE 6 kids! LOL Most people with normal health and energy levels don't do those things. If I wanted a lazy life, I sure messed things up. 

Rant over, for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment