Thursday, June 6, 2013

I am glad that this woman is still fighting, and that she has her mother there helping her do just that.  I am amazed to hear that her doctors suggested she quit school because of the drain on her physical and mental abilities from the disease.  Very true (about the effects), but it is the first time I've heard of doctors suggesting that to someone struggling with the disease.  Interesting indeed.  It may just be that people don't share that part.  I've been told no strenuous exercise and eat more salt. LOL  But we usually hear most about the doctors that don't get it telling patients they aren't sick (despite tests proving it, even) and should just diet and exercise.  Kudos to this girls' doctors, regardless of whether I agree with telling her to quit school, they seem to "get it" and are invested in her health.  http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20130503/ARTICLES/130509945  I hope her last treatment sends her into remission for good...a CURE for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment