Monday, August 5, 2013

Getting close to my official diagnosis!

I've had some testing come back and one was a really good high!  My 17ohc came back at 9.3 mg/24hr when the range is 2-6.  Still waiting for three more tests results.  It is SO HARD waiting.  So far it has been a 4 week wait on results!  I want to test more right now (starting a high cycle again) but am a little worried this residual cold might make them a waste of time and money.  If I do test, it'll be another month before I know, sadly.

The other good news is that Dr. F reviewed last year's MRI and he agrees with the neuro-radiologist.  He sees 1-2 tumors, says that I need my MRI repeated, and that the new one should be read by a neurosurgeon.  BIG NEWS!  He also sent me the order for it. 

Sooooo, Britt and I are planning a trip to the LA area for mid-September to get my repeat MRI.  (An MRI center there has the best rates on these specialized MRI's to the point that the difference in travel costs still saves thousands!)  Since we'll be there, I'll also be hitting two birds with one stone and have scheduled an appointment with Dr. F.  I'm *hoping* I'll have enough testing completed for an official diagnosis by that time, so the appointment can be spent looking over the new MRI and discussing my neurosurgeon options.  Actually, I'm hoping to discuss that either way!  Because the recovery from surgery and this disease is so long and difficult, I want Britton to be there to ask any questions he might have and hear things first-hand. 

Here's to hoping for a diagnosis soon!  PROGRESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment