Friday, August 8, 2014

Update August 2014

Well, I guess I should update everyone who might be reading.  My local friend, Amber, is traveling to see Dr. F for a new patient appointment, and Britton decided I should go with her!  I'll be getting my own follow-up appointment as well, in about 3 weeks.  We're both "invalids" but in different ways, have similar schedules and a very similar love of good food.  I can't wait! 

I now have 8 diagnostic high tests.  I have 6 diagnostic 17 hydroxycorticosteroids averaging double the range (but ranging from just decimal points over to three times the high end of normal).  At least these are consistently coming back high, showing there is indeed an issue, but the testing might be a little one-sided for BLA surgery clearance.  I have one diagnostic midnight serum of 8 (in a range to 7.5) and one high 10 hr UFC.  I have a feeling with these he will want me to go on medication for a while, especially since I'm going downhill so quickly with my mobility, etc., but I am STILL really hoping for surgery this fall.

I've had to stop testing to treat my sinus infection.  It is a little overly-attached if you ask me.  I'm on antibiotic #4 now, probably day 50 of antibiotic treatment so far.  It looks to be sphenoid-based, and after this last 30-day stint on med 4 is completed, I'll be getting a CT scan and ENT appointment to see whether it is gone or if I need a procedure to help drain the sphenoid sinus. 

We fly out the week after to see Dr. F.  I am REALLY looking forward to seeing him in person and at the very least, getting a good game plan together, even if it isn't what I am hoping for.  And, I am looking forward to a bit of a break from my day-to-day to spend some time with a friend relaxing, eating good food, and trying not to get too hot in Beverly Hills in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment