Sunday, April 1, 2018

Another loss, just as Cushing's Awareness Month starts again.

Shianne Lombard-Treman passed just three days ago. She had a form of Cushing’s Syndrome caused by adrenal tumors, and I am in remission from Cushing’s Disease caused by a tumor on my pituitary. My heart aches thinking of Shianne and all those we have lost in the last few years. Today marks the start of Cushing’s Disease Awareness Month (and Adrenal Insufficiency Awareness Month - a common result from Cushing’s treatment). I had not committed myself to the annual blogger’s challenge, but the overflowing tears while I watched this video make me wonder if I should...

I am sad to know that like many of us, Shianne still suffered physically and emotionally from the toll this disease and it's treatment took on her body.  But while my tears flow watching this video, I can picture her dancing with joy, free from sickness and pain.

My heart goes out to her family and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment