Monday, October 21, 2013

My first zebra print

I've been contemplating making/buying some awareness jewelry to go along with my two Cushing's Disease T-shirts, but just can't seem to find the perfect thing at the perfect price.  So, I'm probably going to order some of the yellow/blue awareness ribbon charms and figure it out as I go.  Jewelry made with them could be great "thank you" gifts to those who've helped in this journey (assuming I make them!). 

I also started considering zebra print items...I REALLY want a pair of crazy heels, but I know that there is no way I could walk in them so they would never get worn (Perhaps that'll be my "recovery" gift to myself in a few years?).  So, I've looked at a few purses but I don't want to buy a cheaply made one.  I rarely wear sunglasses in Alaska, so that option isn't worthwhile either.  BUT!  While shopping recently I DID find a zebra-print scarf and ear muff band!  They'll only be useful on the cold days of winter (we get mostly rain here), but I'm excited to add them to my outerwear wardrobe to show support for those who suffer from rare diseases.

Some hoof beats are made by zebras.

No comments:

Post a Comment