Thursday, September 19, 2013

It is official! I am diagnosed with Cyclical Cushing's Disease, and cleared for surgery!
Dr. F and I talked about a couple of neurosurgeons, but it looks like the MD of choice will be Dr. Prevedello at OSU (in Ohio).  
 
I don't need further tests at this point, Dr. F sees tumors on both sides of my pit, everyone LOVED my Cushing's shirt (and wants the link for his website --His med student had to take a picture of it before I left), Dr. Z took 9 tubes of blood (7 red, 2 purple-tops -OY!), Dr. F gave me a supplement to help with the muscle wasting due to Cushing's (He's also a PharmD), I have all my post-op information, lab orders, and even prescriptions (for the hydrocortisone and solucortef, anyway) already. YEHAW!     
 
So now I'm waiting for the official referral to the surgeon, and then we'll be scheduling surgery!  We're hoping it'll be sooner than later, but will update again! 
 
 

The famous Dr. Friedman, otherwise known as the "Cushing's Wizard."
 
                                     
 
Yes, it IS all in your head...RIGHT HERE!  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment