Saturday, September 21, 2013

NEW MRI --a HOT MESS!

Here is about the best single slice I could copy that would show the whole mess that is my pituitary!  Some portions show better in other slices or other series, but this is a good middle ground.  There is a larger adenoma close to my left carotid (on the right side of my pituitary on the screen --it is backwards like an X-ray), and one near the right also (left side of screen).  The pituitary does NOT enhance uniformly (the whole thing should be about the same level of white, not graduating levels of grey/white).  It is VERY asymmetrical, and doesn't look at all like a little, fairly flat bridge.  In fact, it looks like it has a shark bite out of the right pituitary (much like a post-op MRI would), and it has a big blob on the left pituitary with "fuzz" at the bottom.  Dr. F says the adenomas we see may well be connected across my pituitary, and that my surgeon will really have to explore the whole gland.  He was also very clear in regards to my concern at losing pit function that "NOTHING is worse that Cushing's; hormones we can replace."  Without further ado, here is my new and far-from-improved pituitary!  ;)

Click on the picture to see a close-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment